Bali Therapeutic Yoga Training
Bali Therapeutic Yoga Training
Bali therapeutic Physioyoga
Physioyoga Training Bali July 22-28 2018
Integrating Yoga into clinical practice
Facilitated by experienced senior musculoskeletal physiotherapist and yoga instructors.
7 day 6 nights in a forested retreat, a short walk to central Ubud in blissful Bali.
Who is this course suitable for?
Physiotherapists and Health professionals can use yoga within their scope of practice as a tool to incorporate into clients’ treatment programs.
Current evidence shows efficacy for Yoga in following conditions:
- Chronic lower Back pain
- Headache and migraine
- Women recovering from breast cancer
- Anxiety and depression
- Multiple sclerosis
- Knee arthritis
- Balance in Older people
- Persisting Pain
- and more….
“More Australians now do yoga than play soccer, cricket, golf or Pilates “(Top 20 sports and activities by regular participation
Roy Morgan 2014 sample n=15,944 Australians 14+)
Training Food, accommodation and inclusions:
- Delicious healthy GF vegetarian food provided for all breakfasts
- Balinese traditional welcome lunch
- A range of good inexpensive restaurants within 2-5 mins walk.
- Boutique comfortable accommodation with ensuite at Narasoma Yoga retreat centre. Most rooms are twin share.
- Single rooms may be available on request (additional fee)
- Aircon, safety deposit box, wifi.
- Beautiful open air yoga studio.
- Beautifully designed pool and massage spa centre
- time out for self care, relaxation, spa treatments and exploring Ubud
Physioyoga Training Bali Course includes:
- Introduction to yoga and common styles of Yoga.
- Physioyoga Practical classes including elements of Hatha, Yin Yoga, Vinyasa, mat Pilates. (Gentle level/ restorative)
- Modifications for common musculoskeletal conditions based on physiotherapy clinical case studies. These will include clinical reasoning for sports injury, back, neck and thoracic pain, knee arthritis, hip, pelvis and shoulder conditions including the use of yoga props.
- Incorporating contemporary pain science
- Yoga and Myofascial Meridians.
- Balance poses with modifications for older adults. Presented in Conjunction with physiotherapy and balance specialist Arimbi Winoto.
- Mindfulness and simple meditation techniques
- Simple breathing exercises; “pranayama”
- “Yoga Nidra” daily training including deep progressive relaxation, with theory and practice based on the proven iRest program
- A comprehensive manual including evidence base.
Instruction includes practical classes, lectures and group work.
CERTIFICATION Professional Development points (34 hours face to face)
- Certificate of Yoga for Common Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Certificate of Yoga Nidra Level 1 deep relaxation and meditation.
Course standard price
$1800 AUD per person (twin share).
$2200 AUD (single)
To secure your booking
Call or email to check availability
Direct deposit (preferred) BSB 063 000 Acc 12048743 full amount or deposit with your Name to:
Northcote Physiotherapy and Yoga
For Paypal go to PAYMENTS tab above
(Please email receipt/ notification to email@example.com)
DATES & Times July 22 -July 28
6 Days, 7 nights. Sun July 22nd Check in from 2pm Course starts 4.30pm Sunday
Course finishes Sat 28th July 11am
*flights not included
*Allow 2hrs for travel from Denpasar airport to Ubud. The official taxi rate from the airport to Ubud is approx $30 AUS/ 300,000 Rp We may be able to pair you up with others arriving on the same flight.
Yoga is the fastest growing physical activity/sport for Australians aged from 14 to 50+.
(Source: Roy Morgan Single Source Australia, July 2015 – June 2016 n = 50,712 Australians 14+)
The Physioyoga training facilitators
Rebecca Fagan; With 25 years Physiotherapy experience, Rebecca has been developing individual and group treatment programs integrating yoga for clients from ages 9 to 90!. She has worked in acute hospitals, rehabilitation, community health, and for the past 15 years in private practice musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. She incorporates yoga and meditation techniques where appropriate to help clients enhance their health and wellbeing.
Rebecca has run Yoga Retreats in Bali since 2013, She is a senior level 3 Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia with 10 + years teaching experience. She has been studying and practising yoga since being a Uni student and initially trained in Hatha yoga (with experience in styles such as Iyenga and Yin Yoga). Meditation and Yoga Nidra are particular favourite practices. Group work facilitation skills inform the training process. She is inspired by the rich benefits of yoga in her own and her client’s lives and loves to share these skills and knowledge with other Health practitioners.
Anne Rougemont has a wealth of experience in classical Hatha Yoga Teaching and is also teaches Vinyasa and Yoga Yin. Anne has a background in communications and a love of culture, music and yoga.
We look forward to sharing this experience with you!
Retreat Centre Youtube
View this video to get a feel for the Narasoma retreat centre in Ubud Bali