Bali Therapeutic Yoga Training
Bali Therapeutic Yoga Training
Bali therapeutic Physioyoga
Physioyoga Training Bali July 22-28 2018
Integrating Yoga into clinical practice
Facilitated by experienced senior musculoskeletal physiotherapist and yoga instructors.
7 day 6 nights in a forested retreat, a short walk to central Ubud in blissful Bali.
More Australians now do yoga than play soccer, cricket, golf or Pilates
(Top 20 sports and activities by regular participation
Roy Morgan 2014 sample n=15,944 Australians 14+)
Who is this course suitable for?
Physiotherapists and Health professionals can use yoga as a tool to incorporate into clients’ treatment programs.
Registered yoga teachers can apply the principles in catering for those with common musculoskeletal conditions as well as those with stress and anxiety.
Current evidence shows efficacy for Yoga in following conditions:
- Chronic lower Back pain
- Headache and migraine
- Women recovering from breast cancer
- Anxiety and depression
- Multiple sclerosis
- Knee arthritis
- Balance in Older people
- Persisting Pain
- and more….
This course includes:
- A brief history and common styles of Yoga.
- Practical classes of gentle Yoga (including elements of Hatha, Yin Yoga and Vinyasa) plus combining Yoga with mat Pilates.
- Modifications for common musculoskeletal conditions including back, neck and thoracic, hip, pelvis and shoulder conditions including use of yoga props.
- Practical applied anatomy including pain science
- Yoga for Myofascial Meridians.
- Balance poses with modifications for older adults.
- Mindfulness and meditation techniques (not religiously aligned)
- Deep progressive relaxation , “Yoga Nidra” training with theory and practice based on the proven iRest program
- Simple breathing exercises; “pranayama”
A comprehensive manual including evidence base.
Instruction includes practical classes, lectures and group work.
CERTIFICATION Professional Development points (34 hours face to face)
Certificate of Yoga for Common Musculoskeletal Conditions
Certificate of Yoga Nidra deep relaxation and meditation
Course standard price
$1800 AUD per person (twin share).
$2200 AUD (single) Deposit of $500 required to secure a place
For PAYMENTS go to PAYMENTS tab to pay via direct deposit or Paypal
DATES & Times July 22 -July 28
6 Days, 7 nights Sun July 22nd Check in from 2pm Course starts 4.30pm
Depart Sat 28th July from 11am
*flights not included
*Allow 2hrs for travel from Denpasar airport to Ubud
Yoga is the fastest growing physical activity/sport for Australians aged from 14 to 50+.
(Source: Roy Morgan Single Source Australia, July 2015 – June 2016 n = 50,712 Australians 14+)
Training Food, accommodation and inclusions;
- Delicious healthy GF vegetarian food provided for all breakfasts
- Balinese traditional welcome lunch
- A range of good inexpensive restaurants within 2-5 mins walk.
- Boutique comfortable accommodation with ensuite at Narasoma Yoga retreat centre. Most rooms are twin share.
- Single rooms may be available on request (additional fee)
- Aircon, safety deposit box, wifi.
- Beautiful open air yoga studio.
- Beautifully designed pool and massage spa centre
- time out for self care, relaxation, spa treatments and exploring Ubud
To secure your booking
Call or email to express your interest
Transfer deposit of $500 with your Name to:
Northcote Physiotherapy and Yoga
BSB 063 000 Acc 12048743 (email receipt/ notification to email@example.com)
The Physioyoga training facilitators
Rebecca Fagan; With 25 years Physiotherapy experience, Rebecca has been developing individual and group treatment programs integrating yoga for clients from ages 9 to 90!. She has worked in acute hospitals, rehabilitation, community health, and for the past 15 years in private practice musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. She incorporates yoga and meditation techniques where appropriate to help clients enhance their health and wellbeing.
Rebecca has run Yoga Retreats in Bali since 2013, She is a senior level 3 Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia with 10 + years teaching experience. She has been studying and practising yoga since being a Uni student and initially trained in Hatha yoga (with experience in styles such as Iyenga and Yin Yoga). Meditation and Yoga Nidra are particular favourite practices. Group work facilitation skills inform the training process. She is inspired by the rich benefits of yoga in her own and her client’s lives and loves to share these skills and knowledge with other Health practitioners.
Anne Rougemont has a wealth of experience in classical Hatha Yoga Teaching and is also teaches Vinyasa and Yoga Yin. Anne has a background in communications and a love of culture, music and yoga.
Retreat Centre Youtube
View this video to get a feel for the Narasoma retreat centre in Ubud Bali