Physioyoga combines physiotherapy with yoga and Mindfulness.
- Professional Yoga training for health care practitioners.
- Physioyoga for individuals and groups.
Local physioyoga classes available in Brighton, Brisbane. (see Physioyoga groups tab above for more details)
Current evidence shows efficacy for Yoga for physical and mental health:
- Lower Back pain
- Persisting Pain
- Mental Health Anxiety and depression
- Headache and migraine and Whiplash
- Arthritis; Knee arthritis, back arthritis
- Balance in Older people
- Tendon healing
- Fascial flexibility
- Chronic health conditions eg Multiple sclerosis
- Cancer Women recovering from breast cancer
Join us in Bali 2020 for accredited professional development.
Competently incorporate yoga for groups and individuals of all ages.
Restorative Yoga Nidra deep relaxation and meditation.
- You will gain a background in the fundamentals of traditional yoga including exercises and flows, breathing, mindfulness and meditation.
- You will learn to utilise yoga techniques confidently within your scope of practice.
- Techniques learnt are applicable for many different patient groups such as musculoskeletal conditions, pain conditions, aged care, paediatrics, mental health and chronic health conditions.
- Evidence based training in an interactive, experiential and supportive learning environment
Yoga is the fastest growing physical activity/sport for Australians aged from 14 to 50+.
(Source: Roy Morgan Single Source Australia, July 2015 – June 2016 n = 50,712 Australians 14+)
Rebecca Fagan Senior Physiotherapist and Senior Yoga Teacher
Registered Physiotherapist, Senior musculoskeletal physiotherapist
Bachelor of App.Sc (Physio)
Senior Yoga teacher (Yoga Australia Level 3)
Diploma of Yoga teaching (3 yr)
Grad Cert Yoga Therapy
Grad Certificate Acupuncture (APA endorsed)
Rebecca has been practicing and teaching classical hatha yoga alongside physiotherapy for over 15 years and will be sharing a wealth of inspiring, practical clinical gems.
Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (A.P.A.M)
A.P.A. Special interest group memberships;
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Group
Acupuncture and Dry Needling Group (National Chair 2016-2019)
Mental health group
Physioyoga & Wellbeing business founder.
Physiotherapy musculoskeletal private practice owner over 15 years.
Hospital, community, rehabilitation and education background.
Further Training and education includes:
Dry Needling Level 1 & 2
LLLT ‘LASER acupuncture’
First Aid Level 2
Gestalt Counselling 1yr
Group Work Facilitation Certificate GIA
Advanced Shoulder physiotherapy
Spinal and Pelvic Dysfunction in the Childbearing Year
Neck pain, Headaches and orofacial pain
Hydrotherapy water exercise
Pilates; mat work, Post-natal and older adults