Physioyoga combines physiotherapy with yoga and Mindfulness.
- Professional Yoga training for health care practitioners.
- Physioyoga for individuals and groups. Assessments and sessions are now conducted online.
Current evidence shows efficacy for Yoga for physical and mental health:
- Lower Back pain
- Persisting Pain
- Mental Health Anxiety and depression
- Headache and migraine and Whiplash
- Arthritis; Knee arthritis, back arthritis
- Balance in Older people
- Tendon healing
- Fascial flexibility
- Chronic health conditions eg Multiple sclerosis
- Cancer Women recovering from breast cancer
Professional development is offered for health professionals, yoga therapists and yoga teachers.
Clinical and yoga skills to confidently incorporate restorative yoga for groups and individuals.
Therapeutic Yoga Foundations
Part 1. Restorative Yoga Nidra Method & Mindfulness
Part 2. Yoga for Common Musculoskeletal Conditions.
These are stand alone certificate courses which can be combined to form the Therapeutic Yoga Foundations Certification for health professionals.
Therapeutic Yoga Advanced is the Level 2 course.
Our week long training retreats in Australia and overseas are currently on hold until travel restrictions and health and safety allow.
- You will gain a background in the fundamentals of traditional yoga including exercises and flows, breathing, mindfulness and meditation.
- You will learn to integrate yoga tools confidently within your scope of practice.
- Techniques learnt are applicable for many different patient groups such as musculoskeletal conditions, pain conditions, aged care, paediatrics, mental health and chronic health conditions.
- Evidence based training in an interactive, experiential and supportive learning environment
Yoga is the fastest growing physical activity/sport for Australians aged from 14 to 50+.
(Source: Roy Morgan Single Source Australia, July 2015 – June 2016 n = 50,712 Australians 14+)
About Principle Educator
Rebecca Fagan Senior Physiotherapist and Senior Yoga Teacher
Registered Physiotherapist, Senior musculoskeletal physiotherapist.
Bachelor of App.Sc (Physio)
Senior Yoga teacher (Yoga Australia Level 3)
Diploma of Yoga teaching (3 yr)
Grad Cert Yoga Therapy
Grad Certificate Acupuncture (APA endorsed)
Rebecca has been practicing Classical Hatha yoga for over 30 years alongside physiotherapy. After integrating Yoga into clinical practice for 15+ years, she will be sharing a wealth of inspiring, practical clinical gems.
Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (A.P.A.M)
A.P.A. Special interest group memberships;
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Group
Acupuncture and Dry Needling Group (National Chair 2016-2019)
Mental health group
Physioyoga & Wellbeing business founder.
Physiotherapy private practice owner over 15 years.
Alongside extensive musculoskeletal experience, Rebecca has worked in Hospitals, community, rehabilitation and education background. She has a particular interest in persisting pain.
Rebecca’s further Training and education includes:
Dry Needling Level 1 & 2
LLLT LASER therapy
First Aid Level 2
Gestalt Counselling 1yr
Group Work Facilitation Certificate GIA
Advanced Shoulder physiotherapy
Spinal and Pelvic Dysfunction in the Childbearing Year
Neck pain, Headaches and Orofacial pain
Hydrotherapy water exercise
Pilates; mat work, Post-natal and older adults