What Is Yoga Nidra?
Nidra means sleep and Yoga Nidra is a practice of deep stillness. it is a practice that allows one to rest, relax, rejuvenate, manage stress, understand oneself and to take decisions consciously.
A yoga nidra practice of 30 minutes can give the benefits of almost two hours of deep sleep. The EEGs and brain mapping shows that yoga nidra generates synchronized and symmetrical alpha and delta waves . During yoga nidra practice the contact with the subconscious and unconscious dimensions occurs spontaneously and that has the power to even transform one’s nature.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra:
- 30 to 60 minutes of Yoga Nidra can give us the benefits and relaxation of two to four hours of deep sleep
- You’ll Feel Rested: Yoga Nidra Improves Sleep and Reduces Insomnia
- Release Tension and Pain
- Yoga Nidra Reduces Stress & Anxiety
- Yoga Nidra Can Help Heal Trauma
- Yoga Nidra Reduces Chronic Pain
- Reduces PMS Symptoms
- Reduces Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes