Physioyoga combines modern physiotherapy techniques with Yoga and Mindfulness.
We aim to inspire people of all abilities to incorporate yoga tools for health, therapy and wellbeing.
We provide engaging and supportive education for professional development and individual self care.
- Health providers including allied health physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, counsellors, psychologists. If uncertain please contact us to discuss.
- Yoga teachers
- Corporates, including hospitals and educational facilities.
About the Principle Educator
Rebecca Fagan – Senior Physiotherapist and Senior Yoga Teacher
Rebecca has been practicing Classical Hatha yoga for over 30 years alongside physiotherapy. After integrating Yoga into clinical practice for 15+ years, she will be sharing a wealth of inspiring, practical clinical gems.
Rebecca draws inspiration from a wide-range of different yoga styles and lineages including, but not limited to, Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Viniyoga, Iyengar, Restorative, Yin, Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga Nidra.
Physioyoga offers a safe, non-judgmental environment for you to explore your mind and body, delivered in a one-on-one or group format.
Qualifications and Experience :
Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (A.P.A.M)
Rebecca has been an active member of the APA as Chair of Acupuncture and Dry needling Group, NAC rep and a conference scientific sub-committee chair.
A.P.A. Special interest group memberships;
– Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Special Interest Group
– Acupuncture and Dry Needling Group (National Chair 2016-2019)
– Mental health Special Interest Group
– Pain group Special Interest Group
Registered Physiotherapist, Senior musculoskeletal physiotherapist.
– Bachelor of App.Sc (Physio)
– Senior Yoga teacher (Yoga Australia Level 3)
– Diploma of Yoga teaching (3 yr)
– Grad Cert Yoga Therapy
– Grad Certificate Acupuncture (APA endorsed)
Alongside extensive musculoskeletal experience, Rebecca has worked in Hospitals, community, rehabilitation and education background. She has a particular interest in persisting pain.
Rebecca’s further Training and education includes:
– Yoga Yin
– Pilates Mat
– Myofascial meridians
– Dry Needling Level 1 & 2
– Acupuncture Levels 1,2,3.
– LLLT LASER therapy 3B
– Adolescent sporting injuries Spinal and Pelvic Dysfunction in the Childbearing Year
– First Aid Level Mental health First Aid
– Gestalt Counselling 1yr
– Neck pain, Headaches and Orofacial pain.
– Group Work Facilitation Certificate GIA
– Advanced Shoulder physiotherapy.
– Hydrotherapy water exercise
– Persistent Pain
– Post-natal and older adults
Rebecca’s personal Interests alongside yoga and meditation include walking in nature, dancing, playing music and singing and stand up paddle boarding.