What Is Yoga Nidra?
Nidra means sleep and Yoga Nidra is a practice of deep stillness. We can restore our natural state of well being. It is a practice that allows one to rest, relax, rejuvenate, manage stress, understand oneself and to take decisions consciously.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra:
- Release of stress
- Yoga Nidra Reduces Tension & Anxiety
- Yoga Nidra Helps Heal Trauma
- Yoga Nidra Reduces Chronic Pain
- Reduces PMS Symptoms
- Reduces Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
What is the Restorative Yoga Nidra Method?
The Restorative Yoga Nidra Method is based on traditional yoga practices and supported by a significant body of modern scientific research. There are several stages of mindfulness and deep relaxation where healing is enhanced. The method is done lying down in a comfortable position, usually for 10 – 30 mins.
This method can be done online, face to face and in groups.
The facilitator guides the process of mindfulness, progressive deep relaxation, basic breathing techniques and other stages such as visualization and auto-suggestion tailored to the individual or groups’ therapeutic aims. Pain messages can be re-processed. Mind racing and unhelpful thoughts can be managed. The method assists with body awareness, interoception, acceptance and establishing values and goals.
This is an intensive 8 week virtual course.
We use innovative teaching styles. Online learning portal and resources.
Live online webinars via zoom or self-paced with mentoring.
Time commitment is around 4 hours per module which includes experiential Yoga Nidra in your own time (15-30 mins per session) x 3 a week.
Case studies and group programs.
Weekly short tasks to complete eg readings, journaling and videos.
You can start from now practicing and readings from enrolment.
Who is this course suitable for?
* Health professionals eg physiotherapists, occupational therapists, counsellors, psychologists to integrate into your scope of practice with modern health care practice.
* Yoga Teachers for professional development
* Graduates to integrate into their scope of practice.
You don’t have to be a Yoga teacher to start learning.
Others with experience of yoga or meditation may also apply. Contact us on the tab above to discuss if this course is a good fit for you.
What topics do we cover?
- Pain and Brain science of mindfulness and Yoga Nidra.
- Method. Mindfulness practice.
- Yoga Nidra Method stages and micro skills.
- Yoga philosophy related to the Restorative Yoga Nidra Method.
- Mental health; Stress, anxiety, depression and trauma sensitive practice.
- Clinical reasoning and case studies.
- Integration into therapeutic practice.
- Precautions and contra-indications.
- Exploration and summary of the evidence base.
Gain the skills to confidently prescribe and teach appropriate Restorative Yoga Nidra for a variety of common conditions. You will have your own yoga nidra you can use for a client/s. By the completion of this foundation course you will be equipped to teach Yoga Nidra Method 1:1, in groups, face to face or online.
What certification do I gain?
Restorative Yoga Nidra Method & Mindfulness Facilitator (50 hours CPD)
This foundational course can be taken as a stand alone course. You can start teaching and integrating the Yoga Nidra Method into your scope of practice after this training.
Are these recognised professional development points?
Yes. Your CPD (professional Development) certificate is approved with APHRA. Approved for all APHRA Health practitioners including Physiotherapists who choose to use these techniques within their scope of practice. CPD for Yoga teachers is also available with Yoga Australia.
Therapeutic Yoga Foundations. Restorative Yoga for Body Mind and Spirit:
in 2 parts:
- Restorative Yoga Nidra Method and Mindfulness 50 hrs. online
- Yoga for Common musculoskeletal conditions.
Yoga for Common Musculoskeletal conditions is part 2 of Therapeutic Yoga Foundations along with the Restorative Yoga Nidra Method. It can also be taken as a stand alone professional development training course.
Is it evidence based?
The Restorative Yoga Nidra Method has been well research over several decades.
It is proven to be efficacious for chronic musculoskeletal pain, depression, stress and anxiety by calming and renewing the nervous system. It also assists with mind racing, thought and behavior awareness, concentration, sleep, body awareness, interoception, empowerment and feelings of well-being.
A comprehensive summary of the evidence base is provided.